Oh, the weather outside is frightful, and iced coffee is STILL delightful! The temperatures here in Pennsylvania are dropping like the spirits of college students who are battling final exams, and everyone needs their survival kits at the ready. My greatest ally during these trying times will be iced coffee.
Before starting college, I was an avid drinker of green tea. The modest amount of caffeine in the beverage was just what I needed to make it through the day. But as the extra study sessions and sleepless nights accumulated this semester, I yearned for something stronger. One morning, when particularly exhausted, I decided to give caramel iced coffee a try. In all honesty, my first semi-bitter sip did not wow me. But after adding an adequate amount of sugar and vanilla creamer….I was hooked!
My choice to consume iced coffee during the winter is controversial because, well, it’s cold! While my fellow peers select piping hot cups of java and cocoa, I favor the frigid friend of the two. As a coffee connoisseur in the making, I feel it is my duty to inform the public on the legitimate issue here…iced coffee is superior! Allow me to explain….
- Iced coffee will never burn your tongue so you can drink it as soon as you get it! Bonus: If you spill this drink, it will not scald your skin.
- Speaking of temperature, you can consume iced coffee at your own pace. It takes quite a while for the ice to melt, so sit back, relax, and sip as you wish.
- Iced coffee is frequently consumed with a straw, and who doesn’t love straws?
- In ordering iced coffee you will remain on the good side of your local barista, as it is easier to prepare than hot coffee.
- I wholeheartedly believe that iced coffee has a better taste, for there is nothing better than the rejuvenation that comes from its consumption.
Well Loco readers, I have made my case for my favorite chilled concoction and I suggest that you sample it this holiday season. To naysayers of iced coffee in the winter, simply allow me to chill with my chilled drink. I wish you the best of luck as you complete your final exams and safe travels on your journeys home!