If the world really does end on December 21st, we figured it’s best to go out with a bang. This playlist includes some of the greatest apocalyptic tunes out there. So blast this on repeat and get pumped! When the 21st comes a-knockin’, we’ll all stand outside with our boom-boxes raised high Lloyd Dobler style, this playlist on repeat, and face whatever awaits us head on. Here at Loco Mag, we’re going down in musical style. Armageddon ain’t got nothing on this mix.
1. “Zombie” by The Cranberries
2. “Save Your Generation” by Jawbreaker
3. “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons
4. “Tell Everyone We’re Dead” by The Promise Ring
5. “Everything’s Not Lost” by Coldplay
6. “Paper Forest (In The Afterglow of Rapture)” by Emmy The Great
7. “The Good Times Are Killing Me” by Modest Mouse
8. “Kill Your Heros” by AWOLNATION
9. “Run Daddy Run” by Pistol Annies
10. “Jesus Saves” by Andrew Jackson Jihad
11. “Apocalypse Please” by Muse
12. “Till the World Ends” by Britney Spears
Got a favorite Doomsday jam? Let us know in the comments and we just might invite you to our awesome (and imaginary) “end of the world” boom-box party. I’m serious- one good song suggestion just might score you an invite. So go ahead and comment away! It is BYOB, though (bring your own boom-box, duh.)
Photo credit: Kevin Dooley via Creative Commons license.